Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Life Changes!

Over the past 8 months or so, my life has changed in so many ways.  First and foremost, my dad passed away in July.  He fought hard, but it still breaks my heart everytime I think of it.  I still can't believe he is really gone.  I feel like he is just away on vacation and he will walk through my front door to play with boys.  I was there when he passed away.  I can still remember what I was feeling and what I saw.  I'm not sure I will ever forget.  I'm glad I was there for him; just wish I could block out the memories of that morning.  Last year, when he was given two weeks, I made a decision on what I wanted to do to keep his memory alive.  I wanted to make a t-shirt quilt from his t-shirts.  I presented the idea to him and he loved it.  We talked about it a lot over the last year.  He was really excited about it.  He was afraid the boys wouldn't remember him and felt the quilt would make them ask questions.  Tyler has talked about my dad a lot over the last couple months.  I think my dad has visited him several times.  It makes me happy to think of him still being here and seeing what is happening.  I only received a few t-shirts which means the quilt probably will never happen.
Andrew started kindergarten.  I really dreaded him starting; however, he has transitioned well.  Actually, he loves it.  He goes to our neighbors house before and after.  I really feel they have helped him to stay focused.  Plus, this has opened several other doors for us.  I've met several nice families in and out of the neighborhood.  Our families seem to mesh well and that gives us another opportunity to be active. I'm excited for our future and to see how the friendships progress.
I decided to start completing items on my bucket list.  At the top of my list was to read the bible.  The minimal experience I had with the bible, I knew I wouldnt' be able to just read and understand.  I wanted to read and actually understand the bible.  One day, I was discussing this item with one of my neighbors.  And it changed my life, literally.  She told me the creative way her church was exploring the bible.  Her church was using the book "the story" to read through the bible.  I decided to go a few weeks ago (even got a close friend to join me whose kids are the same age as my boys) and we haven't stopped.  I look forward to the weekend now, but to explore the next chapter in the book. I NEVER thought I would EVER say that and actually mean it.  But I do.  I love it.  I feel great when I'm there and I never even look at my watch.  Amazing.  Jason doesn't know what to do with me.

Xoxo,
Jen  

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dad. I can't imagine the pain of losing a parent. Will keep you in my prayers! Glad that you're reading the bible and enjoying it! I started that last year and am about a month and a half short of completing it.

    ReplyDelete