Friday, October 4, 2013

The Story


Interested in the low down of the Story?!?!  The Story has literally changed my way of thinking in just ONE chapter.  Remember how I wanted to read the bible?  I wanted to read the bible just to understand.  I feel like I'm out of the "know" since I've never actually read it.  I don't even know how to quote the bible OR go to a quote from the bible.  Please don't give up on me yet!!

I decided it was time to change.  It was time to learn - The time is now!  I miss my dad so much and I know this is NOT going to bring him back.  But MAYBE this will distract me enough to feel connected to him again.  Whenever I go to this new church, I feel my dad.  Weird, huh? I figured people have thought stranger things than that!

The Story is about 90% the bible.  I'm goode with 85% - so this is better.  It takes the stories of the bible and places them in chronological order.  The order is all published in easy to read chapters!  There are 31 chapters.  The church plan is to read one chapter a week.  The sermon each week will revolve around the assigned chapter.  Small groups are are also highly encouraged. 

The small groups will meet once a week.  There is a guide to use for discussion questions.  My small group consists of my 3 neighbors and a girlfriend.                                                                                                              

Sooooo, I was hoping to blog once a week about the chapter assignment (in addition to the small group).  My blog post on the chapter will be all my thoughts.  The thoughts might include what I learned (mostly this), surprised me (and this), or a basic summary.  Good plan?  I think so too.  I'll use the next week to catch up.  Join the journey with me!!  

Xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment